Friday, May 28, 2010

the time is here

The time is finally here. Tomorrow morning at 6.25, I will board a plane with nine other interns as we start our journey to Gabon, Africa. We fly to Philadelphia, then to Frankfort Germany, then to Gabon Africa, for a grand total of about 30 hours traveling. It seems so surreal, and we have been repeating the idea all day to one another to be reminded that this is actually happening. We have no idea what we are in for, but we are ready to see how God will use us and what He will do in us this summer. He is already doing amazing things in me, and I will be sure to blog about all of that when I have some more time on my hands. Here goes nothing...or everything.


This is for our lovely parents. We are still alive, and we are taking our Malaria medications. We are trying to be responsible and grown up. I'll let you know how that works out. :)

2 comments:

  1. haha that's great! :) love that picture!

    you all are grown up and responsible in more ways than you probably realize! we trust you.... and yet we are still moms and dads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! Don't forget to drink LOTS of water with your pills! I'm assuming that while I'm typing you guys are safely settled into the Brokopp estate quarters. It's getting late there and you really should catch up on some sleep....but since you're reading, know that you are heavy on my heart these days and I think that's because God wants me to pray continually...so I am. Know that I'm praying for the usual health and safety...but even more, I'm praying that WHATever He brings your way will rock your world in a good way and bring you closer to Him. I hope that doesn't include alot of difficult, hard days...but if it does, you already know He is holding you tightly...He got you all the way over there, didn't He!?!
    I love you, Beth...press on and soak in every new day and whatever experience it brings with it. I miss you already! I LOVE YOU, GIRLIE!!!

    ReplyDelete