Friday, May 21, 2010

Leaving

I'm ready, or I think I am. One bag is packed with the exception of some chargers and a beach towel that is being washed. The other is completely ready to go, we had to re-work some things to keep it within the weight limit. Mom, if you are reading this, THANK YOU. I know I've gotten on your nerves and pissed you off more than once while you were helping me pack. I could NOT have done it on my own. We aren't completely done yet, so let's hope we can get this last bag within 50 lbs. What use is shampoo and conditioner, anyway?

Along with the packing come the goodbyes. And of course, if you know me at all, you know that the tears come too. And the tears make my eyes are big and puffy and gross, so don't try taking a picture to remind yourself of me. I'll need lots of tissues. I've spent some time with each of my brothers and said goodbye. I still have my parents to say goodbye to, of course, and then a few more friends. Those will all happen tonite. Although I don't allergies, I might just be blaming the tears on them.

Thankfully, I'll have two awesome guys making this journey with me. We leave to catch our flight at 4:15AM tomorrow morning. We spend the day in San Diego and then training starts on Sunday. Here goes nothing!

1 comment:

  1. Stop it! Now there are tears welling in MY eyes! Oh, my dear...part of me wants to march right over there for one last hug...the other part keeps telling me to leave the last hug as the last hug. Cry all you want....before too long you'll be on your way and the tears will be replaced with excitement. Bonus, you'll be with Meredith and she'll be cooking and baking...you'll be crawling all over with kids from the Hope House...and you'll be falling in love with Africa all over again....and you'll never want to come home again.
    I can NOT wait to get your updates and pics...keep them coming often {or as often as the lame internet will allow!}
    LOVE YOU...be on your way so the tears stop, would you?!

    ReplyDelete