Sunday, May 23, 2010

I guess I'm an early riser.

If you know me, you realize that something isn't right with the title of today's post. And you are right, because I am NOT an early riser, I have never been, and hopefully this won't become a trend in my sleeping patterns. Drew, Nathan, and I left at 4:15 in the morning on Saturday to catch our 5:40 flight in Harrisburg. We flew to Philadelphia and then arrived safely in San Diego. We were tired to say the least. So tired in fact, that we stayed inside all day, took naps, watched tv, and mustered up enough strength to go get something to eat and take a 20 minute walk. So I think that our 20 minute walk evens out with our three naps, right? :) haha And then again, this morning, I found myself up at 5am. That's 8am at home, but still, that's not like me at all. I wasn't sure if it was nerves, excitement, or a mix of both. Realizing my eyes were not going to shut so I could catch three more hours left of sleep, I began to pray. My friend Mariah from Nyack, who is also interning in Gabon this summer, had her flight this morning. So, I prayed for her. By my time at 5, which was her time at 8, she should have been in Detroit to catch her connecting flight to San Diego to get here in time. The call at 5.42 told me otherwise. She was stuck on another runway because her it was too foggy to land in Detroit. We've exchanged multiple phone calls and texts this morning. There was a reason why I was up so early. To pray. She'll be meeting us a little later today, not on time, but she'll meet us.

As I write this, we are getting ready to head back to the airport to meet all the other interns and start our training. We have no idea what's in store for us. Pray for unity among our team, as these will be the people we are spending our summer with as we serve beside one another. Also, as we go through spiritual training, pray that Christ will make His home in our hearts.

6 comments:

  1. Dad, I'm not as early as us, but I might just get there. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's neat that you, drew and nathan all have blogs! i love reading them .... each is from a different perspective and gives just a little bit different info. guys generally don't give as much detail as girls ( atleast in this family) so i will be very glad to see what you write! also, incase i haven't told you :) ... i am soooo glad you are along on this trip with drew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M STILL CRYING!!!
    Ugh... after a few days I thought I would be OK but these Blogs are really not good for me!
    Well ok... they're excellent for me but they make me miss you more!
    I am so happy you are safe!!
    I can't wait to hear all about the other interns =D
    Write me a message or email me! Also: I got Skype!
    So I'm ready when you are girlfriend!
    I love you so much!!!
    Praying for you always...

    ReplyDelete
  4. reading this, I was reminded of why I love you so dearly, my sister.
    I love that you make it a priority to pray for your sister, even at early morning hours.

    Melissa and I were talkin about how excited we are to see what you and Mariah will do; we're both convinced God will use you both to do AMAZING things for His name, not just in Africa, but in general.

    love you so so so so much, my sister. Praying every day.

    the Jesus in You rocks :) i'm proud to call you my sister. so so proud

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps: your Office quotes will come every monday, as I promised every week. they might be new, or they might just be old ones i love. i posted this week's on your facebook, but here it is:

    kelly: if i had created a website with this many problems i'd kill myself
    ryan: do you have a question kelly?
    kelly: yeah i have a lot of questions: number one, HOW DARE YOU?

    ReplyDelete
  6. where are you?!?1 I need an update! I'm praying for you daily! Miss you like....umm....i miss you..haha? Dru a blank there...:)

    ReplyDelete