Thursday, May 20, 2010

Packing

So I leave very early Saturday morning. I probably should be packed by now, but I am not even close to being done. If I learned anything from college, it was how to procrastinate. That's exactly what I have been doing. And my parents would surely agree as my mom has been telling me to pack since last week and I am just finishing up some work with my dad. Today will be spent packing and running some last minute errands. My room is a wreck with everything that I think I will need for THREE months. I'd like to just skip over this packing part, but it doesn't work that way.
This is all starting to become more and more real. At times, it still feels like a dream that God would bless me with such an awesome way to spend my summer serving Him. I am sure that's how most of the summer will feel too. But this is real, and my parents' random tears and hugs along with the mounds of clothes on my bed are good reminders.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, Beth. You need this day. The tears and the sweet words are your parent's way of saying they're so proud of you. Before you know it the packing will be behind you and they'll be nothing left to do but walk out the door and say goodbye! I'm SO excited for your summer! Take lots and lots of pics for your blog...I need to see action shots and people!!! Especially familiar people!
    Remember
    *Do not drink the water in the village
    *Do not forget to pack the baby washcloths, and if you've forgotten to buy them, RUN back to the store, trust me!
    *Eat Manayok {Aka, Many-yuck} with a smile...while holding your nose
    *Do NOT let anyone tell you that peeing in the field is easy. And don't ever go alone...more fun in a group!
    *Do not share secrets about peeing in the field w/those whom you meet. That would just not be nice.
    *Most importantly, revel in each day. Soak in each experience - both the welcome and the difficult.
    *Hug Tim and Meredith and remind them we are praying back here...and remind yourself, too.

    I LOVE YOU, Beth....you are missed already, but I'm SO proud!!!

    ReplyDelete