Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Daddy, this one is for you. Happy Father's Day, from your little girl. Sorry I can't be there to celebrate with you and the family, make sure you aren't missing me TOO much. As I write this you guys should be sitting down to eat those Lobster dinners.YUMMY! Hopefully everyone is treating you well today, figuring I am the one who usually keeps everyone in check.

Thank you for being the Father that you are. Thank you for always being yourself, because through that I knew that I never had to pretend to be something I wasn't. Thank you for always encouraging me to follow my heart. That sounds a little cheesy but I knew that if I followed my heart, I didn't have to concern myself with what others were saying. Thank you for teaching me that it's okay to take risks and fail and that my failures are never something to be ashamed of, but rather lessons to be learned.

Remember that you are my favorite Father, and I will always be your little girl. The little girl who loved going to the comic book store with you, who thought it was strange and awesome that you would let me eat ice cream for dinner, the girl who loved driving the big van down the alley on your lap, and the little girl who would pretend to fall asleep on the couch so she could be carried upstairs in the arms of her daddy. I LOVE YOU! Happy Father's Day. :)

ps. I owe you a breakfast when I get home. I'll buy.

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe it - my wonderfully perfect comment did not post - how do I ever recapture the magic of that moment ... I will try again, but for now THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH - Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete