Sunday, January 10, 2010

change.

When thinking on the subject of change, I would like to think that I am unbiased to it. Meaning, that when change does come my way ( and I find it visiting much more often than I remember from my earlier years) I embrace it, whatever IT may be. I don't dread it like I would say my brother does, and I don't go looking for it. It has no trouble finding me.

As church ended today we were left with a charge of change, positive change that brings growth. So I find myself ready to embrace change in order that I may to transformed more to the likeness of Christ. Honestly, I am ready for change now, ready to get out of this place that it seems I am stuck in. To move forward from the place I stand now, and grow.

Growth is the only evidence of life. ~John Henry Newman

And the change I am so desperately longing for is not a change of hairstyle, a change of laundry detergent, or a change of clothes. I desire change that starts from the inmost of my being, change that is initiated and completed only by the works of the Holy Spirit. And my prayer for this season of change is this,

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
-Psalm 51: 10-12

With this new spirit within me, and a new attitude, change will come. And even as I have been typing this, simple ways of change have entered into my mind. One of those being to listen more than I speak. This will require silence, something that does not go along with who I am, or should I say the person I am now, before the change. So here I am, with ears that are ready and willing to listen, to whatever the person across the phone is talking, to what the person on the bench next to me is sharing, and to the words that God is constantly whispering to me.




      1 comment:

      1. thought of you when I saw this! Check it out!

        http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-wedding-headbands

        ReplyDelete